Saturday, February 27, 2010

Back to school

So I'm taking a FANTASTIC photog class at SMU. My teacher Teresa Rafidi rocks! I have taken a few photog classes in Dallas, back in my point and shoot days of course. Most have been mediocre at best.

What I learned most from my other classes is with a little time and patience you can teach yourself anything by reading and researching books, mags, articles, etc. In fact, I started out with (I can't believe I'm admitting to this - SO nerdy), but the Digital Photography for Dummies book. To be honest, it was actually one of the easiest and most explanatory photog books I've found.

However, I decided with the new Big Fancy that maybe it would be a good idea to have someone actually show me how to put my knowledge to use. I'm sure my new fab photog teacher Teresa can help me connect the dots and finally use my countless hours of research and reading about cameras, photography, ISO, Appeture, Shutter Speed, Focus, etc.

I've already learned so many great things from my first class. Keep your fingers crossed! Hopefully, I'll have some great photos to share soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment